“All women need to know: Don’t even think about getting divorced without a strategy.”
─Stacy Schneider, Esq.
Before You Get Screwed by Your Soon-to-Be Ex-Husband,
Power Negotiator, Attorney and Television Personality
Reveals the Secrets and Strategies to Changing Your Divorce from Bitter to Better
In Her New Book,
HE HAD IT COMING
Don’t even think about getting divorced without a strategy!!! Before they say “I Don’t,” it’s time for women to take charge: Stop being doormats, stop getting bullied or cheated, and start getting the respect and financial security they deserve. Veteran trial attorney, power negotiator, television personality and author Stacy Schneider, Esq., wants every woman to know: Don’t even think about getting divorced without a strategy. In her new book, He Had It Coming: How to Outsmart Your Husband and Win Your Divorce (Simon Spotlight Entertainment, an Imprint of Simon & Schuster; January 22, 2008; ISBN-13: 978-1-4169-4935-0; ISBN-10: 1-4169-4935-6; $14.95; Trade Paperback Original), Stacy shares her one-of-a-kind “Pre-Divorce Plan,” plus insider techniques, tactics, and tips from her own practice and her own amicable, satisfying divorce.
A New York City trial attorney and former divorce lawyer, not to mention a regular legal commentator on CNN, Fox News, and Court TV, who also had a seat in Donald Trump’s boardroom on The Apprentice, Stacy is a pro at making her case to media audiences, as well as jurors and judges. With the goal of empowering wives to stand up, take control, and fight for their fair share, she can discuss:
- Ten steps for getting a divorce advantage over your husband;
- How to save big on legal fees with a do-it-yourself property division…and more;
- Powerful negotiation techniques and simple ways to manage your emotions;
- Why to resist moving out of the house and how to leave with health insurance coverage;
- How to uncover your husband’s hidden assets—bank accounts, property, and other tangibles—and make him pay for his infidelity;
- Seven things every woman should do before signing her divorce papers.
Divorce can be a positive experience—and a rewarding one, too. Stacy is raring to tell women everywhere how to prepare for the best divorce possible… by outsmarting him.
(Media Contact: Kristin Dwyer, Simon & Schuster, 212-698-7243)
A savvy, empowering, must-read divorce guide exclusively for women
HE HAD IT COMING:
How to Outsmart Your Husband and Win Your Divorce
Stacy Schneider, Esq.
Women are used to getting the short end of the stick in divorce…until now. Wives no longer have to be doormats or get bullied into taking less than they deserve. For the first time, a trial lawyer helps them to stand up, take control, and fight for their fair share.
From her experience as an ex-wife and a former divorce attorney, author Stacy Schneider, Esq., knows what every smart woman must do before saying “I Don’t.” In He Had It Coming: How to Outsmart Your Husband and Win Your Divorce (Simon Spotlight Entertainment, an Imprint of Simon & Schuster; January 22, 2008; ISBN-13: 978-1-4169-4935-0; ISBN-10: 1-4169-4935-6; $14.95; Trade Paperback Original), Stacy presents a divorce road map to help women confidently navigate the legal process and successfully shape the financial course of their future.
Husbands tend to have the advantage when a marriage dissolves, because wives typically have smaller paychecks, restricted control over family finances, and weaker negotiating skills. “So,” Schneider stresses, “women need to be as strategic as possible when planning their divorces.” To give wives a fighting edge, she shares insider tactics, techniques, and legal maneuvers divorce attorneys use to gain the upper hand. Schneider also arms every woman with crucial information to protect herself, emotionally and financially, and prepare to survive even the nastiest battles.
Packed with checklists, tips, practice dialogues, and examples from real-life cases, He Had It
Coming shows women how to plan ahead for a successful divorce. Among an arsenal of smart moves
and strategic secrets, Schneider offers:
- Her one-of-a-kind “Pre-Divorce Plan”, guaranteed to establish a woman’s financial independence six months before she begins to exit her marriage;
- Stealth search tactics for uncovering a husband’s hidden stashes of cash, property, and other valuables;
- Eight essential steps every woman should take to cover her assets as soon as the divorce begins. (#1. Freeze all joint bank accounts!);
- Advice on what a wife should and shouldn’t do to keep her claim to health insurance coverage;
- How to keep living in her marital house after ditching her spouse;
- A beginner’s guide to do-it-yourself property division—how a divorcing woman can save big on legal fees by persuading her husband to work together;
- Pointers on handling legal paperwork without hiring a lawyer—and how to know when a trial is necessary;
- Surefire ways to capitalize on a husband’s infidelity and receive an “affair” settlement;
- Five winning negotiation tactics—and simple exercises to prevent a woman’s emotions from weakening her bargaining power;
- Seven things every woman should do before signing her divorce papers. (#2. Get a written decision on who is responsible for debt and tax liabilities.)
With He Had It Coming in her corner, every woman can get the most from her divorce and achieve emotional and financial stability to start her new life.
# # #
About the Author
Stacy Schneider, Esq., is a New York City trial attorney and former divorce lawyer. She appears regularly as a legal commentator on CNN, Fox News, and Court TV. Ms. Schneider also had a seat in Donald Trump’s boardroom on The Apprentice.
He Had It Coming: How to Outsmart Your Husband and Win Your Divorce
By Stacy Schneider, Esq.
Published by: Simon Spotlight Entertainment, an Imprint of Simon & Schuster
Pub Date: January 22, 2008
Format: Trade Paperback Original
Pages: 224 pp
Publicity: National and local TV, Radio and Print Campaign out of New York City
Suggested Interview Questions for Stacy Schneider, Esq. Author of He Had It Coming
(Media Contact: Kristin Dwyer, Simon & Schuster: 212-698-7243)
- What is your professional background? How did this motivate you to write He Had It Coming?
- He Had It Coming is a divorce primer exclusively for women? Why women only?
- In He Had It Coming, you discuss why it is crucial for every unhappily married woman to have a pre-divorce plan. What specific actions should it include?
- He Had It Coming touches on your own divorce, how did it differ from the typical horror stories we all hear about?
- Divorces are so expensive. How can a savvy woman drastically slash legal fees and wind up winning more money from her ex?
- Is a complete, do-it-yourself divorce really possible? When is a trial necessary?
- In He Had It Coming you define community property. What exactly is this? Why should a woman try to persuade her husband to work together to divide their belongings and assets?
- He Had It Coming instructs women in the midst of a divorce not to move out of their home. Why should a divorcing woman be wary of moving out of her marital residence?
- How can she ensure that she leaves her marriage with health insurance coverage?
- Where should a divorcing woman start looking if she suspects her husband of hiding bank accounts, property, or other valuables?
- Suppose a woman knows her husband cheated and spent a bundle on his mistress. What are her options for getting revenge and financial justice?
- What’s the smartest alimony strategy? What sort of child-rearing expenses can a mother reasonably expect her ex-husband’s child support payments to cover?
- In a divorce case, women often settle for less than they deserve due to their own lack of assertiveness. He Had It Coming includes a list of your top five negotiation tactics. Will you share some of them with us?
- What simple practices can help a woman prevent her emotions from weakening her bargaining power?
- What would you most like all women to gain from He Had It Coming?